Under the general direction of the Director of Facility Operations, the Facility Technician the General Mechanic is responsible to provide knowledge and skills to repair and maintain all Agency on and off campus properties ; Carries out all job responsibilities with fidelity and accountability to the Agency’s Mission, Vision, Values, Guiding Principles and Strategic Plan.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
· Exercises full compliance with the Agency's Code of Conduct, all Agency policies and procedures and Federal and State laws and regulations. (Non-Violence, Social Responsibility)
· Exercises full compliance with the Justice Center’s Code of Conduct for Custodians of People with Special Needs. (Non-Violence, Social Responsibility, Emotional Intelligence)
· Utilizes ladders when necessary from step ladder to 40' extension ladder. Practices proper safety procedures to include raising and placing ladders. (Non-Violence, Social Responsibility)
· Maintains work environment, storage area and tools in a clean, safe and orderly manner. (Non-Violence, Emotional Intelligence, Social Responsibility)
· Uses and operates in a safe manner tools necessary to carry out painting duties, specifically to include airless sprayer, infrared heat gun, high pressure washer, and high pressure paint removal equipment. (Non-Violence, Social Responsibility)
· Uses scaffolding when necessary up to a height of 40'. Sets up using proper safety procedures. (Non-Violence, Social Responsibility)
· Performs minor electrical repairs and troubleshooting, e.g. switch, receptacle replacement, light fixture/bulb replacement, etc. (Social Responsibility, Non-Violence)
2. 0 Sustained Future / Positive Impact
· Performs assigned preventive maintenance inspections and performs minor preventive maintenance service. (Social Responsibility)
· Performs appliance troubleshooting and repairs. (Social Responsibility,
· Performs light carpentry repairs on interior/exterior molding, trim, window sills, damaged siding and door frames. (Non-Violence, Social Responsibility)
· Repairs and/or re-keys door locks and associated door hardware. (Growth and Change, Social Responsibility)
· Repairs/replaces windows and screening as necessary. (Growth and Change, Social Responsibility)
· Properly prepares all wall and ceiling surfaces for appropriate coating materials. (Non-Violence, Social Responsibility)
· Repairs wall and ceiling surfaces including plastering, patching, taping, sanding, priming and painting. (Non-Violence, Social Responsibility)
· Repairs and/or prepares trim surfaces, primes and paints. (Non-Violence, Social Responsibility, Growth and Change)
· Fills, seals and/or paints masonry surfaces. (Non-Violence, Social Responsibility)
· Sands, stains and applies finish to fine wood surfaces including cabinets and other fine detail work. (Non-Violence, Social Responsibility)
3.0 Cultural Sensitivity
· Demonstrates, promotes and practices cultural competency toward clients and staff through respect and understanding achieved through training and Agency cultural activities. (Emotional Intelligence, Growth and Change)
4.0 Honor Individual Journeys
· Resolves issues in a fair and timely manner and effectively uses the Performance Management process and two-way communication with supervisor. (Social Learning, Democracy, Open Communication)
5. 0 Fiscal Responsibility
· Performs minor plumbing repairs, e.g. replace traps, faucet washers, clear drains, etc. (Social Responsibility, Non-Violence)
· Performs minor HVAC repairs and troubleshooting, e.g. damper adjustments, filter changes, etc. (Non-Violence, Social Responsibility)
· Assists in determining quantities and types of materials for each specific job. (Non-Violence, Democracy)
· Provides own basic trade tools to accomplish job function. (Non-Violence, Social Responsibility)
6.0 Family Driven / Youth Guided
· Assists management in the delivery of the Sanctuary Model aligning operational areas with values of the model. (Growth and Change, Social Responsibility)
7.0 Collaborative Relationships
· Assists in repairing and re-glazing windows as requested. (Non-Violence, Social Learning, Social Responsibility)
· Maintains swimming pool as requested. (Non-Violence, Social Responsibility)
· Accepts on-call assignments as requested. (Non-Violence, Emotional Intelligence, Social Responsibility)
· Assists in other areas of Facility Operations as requested. (Non-Violence, Emotional Intelligence, Social Responsibility)
EDUCATION: H.S. Diploma or equivalent required; Two years trade/vocational school preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Four years general maintenance work.
SKILLS: Previous experience with drywall finish work and painting a must.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors. Indoor duties are performed in a temperature-controlled environment. While performing outdoor activities, worker is exposed to natural weather conditions that may be severe. Worker is exposed to occasional vibration and noise factors. Indoor duties are performed on an even surface, which may be carpet, tile or concrete. Indoor surfaces are typically dry. Outdoor duties may be performed on even or uneven surfaces, which may be dry or wet. Outdoor duties may be performed on gravel, or shingled roof. Worker is exposed to fumes/odors from the use of paint and chlorine. Worker may be exposed to dust and mists in the performance of certain outdoor duties. Potential work hazards include climbing of ladders and scaffolds, exposure to severe weather conditions, exposure to electrical wiring and currents, heavy lifting, working on rooftops, and working on potentially slick surfaces, in addition to working around power tools.
Work entails an ability to follow oral and written instructions. Work requires an ability to keep records and complete forms accurately. Work requires knowledge of appropriate safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be physically able to bend, stoop, walk up stairs and work from lifts, ladders for extended periods of time as needed. Standing and walking for extended periods of time. Moderate to extreme exposure to noise during events. Daily lifting up to 50 lbs. multiple times a day. Eye-hand-foot coordination. Hearing sufficient to clearly hear voices, alarms, bells and horns. Employee uses a wide variety of hand and power tools in the performance of duties. Equipment used by employee includes ladder, scaffold, tape measure, dolly, hoist, tool box, flashlight, keys, shovels, rakes, lawn mowers, snow removal machines and painting equipment. Supplies used by employee include electrical parts, appliance parts, and plumbing parts, fasteners of all types, adhesives, paints, solvents, gasoline, oil, and cleaning materials. Employee utilizes a filter mask when handling some hazardous chemicals.